08 May 2019

Updates for May 2019


Sometimes I feel like I'm stumbling in the dark, but I can honestly say it's all worth it.  This year I've done a lot of things outside my comfort zone and I keep moving forward.


I invested a lot of time in making Graduation cards.  I used a folding template I found on Pinterest and customized them to local school colors.  I also adapted them to have a pocket for a gift card of money.  They turned out so cute and have been a popular seller at the gift shop I have my cards in.


April was my first full month of sales at Smiling Moose Gifts, here in our small Alaskan hometown.  I sold enough to cover my first two months of booth rent, and while this seems like that wasn't much it was a huge milestone to me.  I went way out of my comfort zone to sign a contract and put my handmade cards somewhere other than on my own website.  My goal for my first month was to sell enough to cover one month's rent.  I doubled that. 

There's more to come.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment