13 March 2017

Scraps to Tags 2

I keep all, or nearly all of my scraps.  Including the 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch pieces.  I sort them into solids and patterns, then the solids are sorted by color, and in the end, it's stashed for later projects.  I'll be honest, the 1/4-inch strips have always been the hardest to use up, but I still couldn't toss them, especially if it's a pattern paper I just love.

Inked Inspirations: Scarps to Tags 2

This weekend I set out to use up this stash.  I wanted a project that would use several of the strips all at once.  I cruised Pinterest and found a number of cute ways to use scraps, but most of the ideas were for larger scraps than I wanted to work with.  I looked at some of the methods that were used and adapted those ideas to my scrap stash.

Inked Inspirations: Scarps to Tags 2

I'm really into building tags right now and creating them from the huge stash of scraps I have makes my heart and hands happy.  These scrappy tags were so much fun to create.  I honestly found this to be very relaxing and almost meditative.

Inked Inspirations: Scarps to Tags 2

To create these tags, I started with larger scraps from my stash.  I print a lot of free printables and I save all the strips when cutting these out.  This habit leaves me with a lot of white strips of paper.  There are dozens of ways I used these white strips in my creations, but more on that later.  I digress.  I pulled some of the wider white strips from my stash and covered one side with my chosen adhesive, which in this case was Grafix Artist-Tac sheets.  Once I added the adhesive I went to town sticking little strips of paper down.  Mostly random order, a few in a color scheme.  Completed strips were die cut into tags using the My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Tags.

Inked Inspirations: Scarps to Tags 2

After my tags were cut, I began embellishing them and adding string and some beads.  They turned out so cute and were so fun to make.  There will be more of these in my crafting future.

Inked Inspirations: Scarps to Tags 2

I think these will be so cute as gift tags for Christmas in sets of red and green.  Yes.  I know not everyone is a scrap hoarder, but for those of us who think outside the box and use those tiny bits!  I hope this inspires you to create from your scrap stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment